About the role:
Working under the direction of the Head of Event Sales you will be responsible for establishing a strong presence amongst local and national competitors and driving a sales team to grow our non raceday product, including; exhibitions, conferences and events.
Working closely with our catering and operations teams you will ensure that every aspect of our guest experience is exceptional whilst maintaining focus on achieving the financial objectives for the site.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Maintain and increase existing accounts and develop new accounts resulting in maximum occupancy, average room rate and food and beverage revenue growth in line with planned expectation.
- Respond to enquiries from agents/clients by phone, fax and email in a timely and professional manner.
- Promote special offers where appropriate and maximise each sales opportunity, in a pro-active manner.
- Conduct sales calls in order to convert new and repeat business.
- Prepare contracts and ensure maximum conversion of all business taken in the diary.
- Prepare detailed event orders for internal and external clients.
- Meet and greet event organisers of events.
- Participate in familiarisation trips and internal/external events as requested.
- Manage designated accounts and agents.
- Recognise opportunities to maximise revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Review event bills for owned events to ensure billing accuracy and total revenue capture. Secure payment as required for all events.
- Plan and detail event information for the in-house team and contractors to facilitate the smooth running of all Events.
- Present accurate and timely summaries of all events at internal meetings to the site management team,
- Collation of post event feedback from the customers.
- Act as an ambassador for Newcastle Racecourse: attending networking events as agreed and maintaining the brand’s on and off-line image.
- Business or Event Qualification would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Experience of Event Master or similar ticketing/crm system
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Racecourse, Sport, leisure or hotel background an advantage
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Experience of leading a sales team
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for ARC and for our site, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.