About the role
The role of Head of Racing Sales will be responsible for establishing a strong presence amongst local and national competitors and driving a sales team to grow our racing hospitality, restaurant and ticket sales even further. Working closely with our catering and operations teams you will ensure that every aspect of our guest experience is exceptional whilst maintaining focus on achieving the financial objectives for the site.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Maintain and increase existing accounts and develop new accounts resulting in maximum occupancy, average room rate and food and beverage revenue growth in line with planned expectation.
- Lead proactive sales activity amongst the racing sales team to generate new business enquiries.
- Manage incoming sales calls and allocation of coordination to sales personnel.
- Competitor analysis – identification of accounts to target.
- Develop a skilled and confident sales team through training and mentoring.
- Develop relationships with key agents to drive business.
- Arrange familiarisation visits / client entertainment for key clients / agents.
- Manage the end to end sales process for all race day hospitality and restaurant sales customers at the venue adhering to brand standards at all times.
- Compile monthly satisfaction report and identify key opportunities for growth with Head of Events Sales, Commercial Manager and General Manager.
- Plan and detail event information for the in-house team and contractors to facilitate the smooth running of race day hospitality & restaurant activity
- Present accurate and timely summaries of hospitality and restaurant functions at internal meetings to the site management team,
- Collation of post event feedback from the customers.
- Act as an ambassador for Newcastle Racecourse: attending networking events as agreed and maintaining the brand’s on and off-line image.
- To create and manage the process for incoming enquiries and manage response times.
- To take responsibility of the day to day running of the Sales office and act as the key liaison to the Commercial Manager and Operations Team.
- Monitor and maintain sales office processes and systems particularly in respect of commercial controls for pre payments and final accounts.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Computer literate
- Experience of Event Master or similar ticketing/crm system
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Racecourse, Sport, leisure or hotel background an advantage
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Experience of leading a sales team
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for ARC and for our site, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.