To promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through developing and maintaining a strong team environment, placing emphasis on staff satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous, correct service. The supervisor is accountable for sales and profit in his/her area.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. OperationsOpen and close shift in accordance with manager’s checklistInitiate guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests.Train, maintain and enforce all Marriott service standards using records, menus and appropriate reference materials. Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift. Handle daily associate relations (e.g. scheduling, time adjustments).Maintain a safe and sanitary working environment for all associates and guests. Gather and implement all proper tools for running shift (e.g. schedules. Floor plans, reservations, checks).Ensure room set up is completed appropriately and to customer requirements.Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings or any other problems that may arise. During shift, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, and communication with kitchen and by striving to speak to all guests. Be on the floor during entire service period and ensure adequate coverage. Ensure that only quality product is being served. Monitor hours and staffing on a daily basis with accurate scheduling in line with forecast and budget guidelines. Ensure that all sidework is done on a daily basis.Maintain proper associate uniform standards. Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections etc. Assist any associate in his / her job performance, when required, to ensure guest satisfaction. Understand and teach empowerment principles to ensure guest satisfaction. Exercise station rotation to ensure stations are distributed fairly.
Human resourcesImplement an effective training program for new and current associates using use records, menus and appropriate reference manuals. Encourage problem solving by associates through proper training and empowerment. Establish effective communication with staff to gain their trust and respect. Maintain fair and consistent counselling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Company procedures and with the support of the HR team.Attend internal meetings as required. Demonstrate positive inter-departmental attitude.
Communicate directly, and / or through the use of the log book, to next shift supervisor. Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas and methods of operation.
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
· Standards and procedures of correct working practices
· The completion of risk assessments
· COSHH regulations
· Use of Personal Protective Equipment
3. and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
· Written / verbal communication skills.
· Able to work with teams.
· Demonstrated hospitality skills.
· Organised and committed
· Self motivated, able to work on own initiative
· Hours of Work: 20
Due to the nature of our business you will be expected to work anti-social hours. Flexibility toward week-end, early morning or late evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.