Bath Racecourse is currently recruiting a highly motivated and ambitious Events Sales Manager. This is a great opportunity to join an award winning and vibrant team at an exciting stage in Bath Racecourse’s history. Since our redevelopment we have won numerous industry awards including ‘The Best Racecourse Catering’ at The Racecourse Catering Awards and the coveted ‘Best Customer Service’ at The Racecourse Association Awards. We have ambitions to become one of the country’s leading small racecourses and this position will play a key role in realising this ambition.
The Events Sales Manager is responsible for creating, managing and reporting on all commercial activities at the racecourse to ensure that turnover and profit targets are met and exceeded. You will implement a sales strategy to maximise revenue for the following key income streams:
- Conferences, meetings and exhibitions
- Weddings and celebrations
- Outdoor events
- Christmas parties
The above areas of responsibility will be achieved through proactively identifying and sourcing new customers in each of the categories as well as managing the Event Sales Executive to achieve their KPIs.
The successful Event Sales Manager will have at least 3 years’ experience within a similar role. You will work well under pressure and will be organised and efficient. The role is key to the business strategy therefore the successful candidate needs to demonstrate a passion to win business and drive projects through to a successful end.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record in targeted sales
- Experience in targeting both consumer and corporate markets
- Interest/experience in sport & leisure market
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication/ negotiator
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Strategic thinker, ability to prioritize
- Remains calm under pressure
- Relationship builder
- Energetic and willing to lead by example
- People-orientated with an open, participative, team-based working style
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.