Position: Events Sales Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7
Located in the heart of Doncaster and easily accessible by road and rail, Doncaster Racecourse, part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is a unique venue welcoming over 225,000 visitors to 36 racedays a year, delivering an exhilarating mix of horse racing, live music and fantastic social days out. Not only does the venue offer amazing racedays but as a conference and event facility, the venue offers more than 40 different meeting spaces delivering seminars, exhibitions, weddings and much more. Part of the venue also includes the recently opened, 154 bedroomed Hilton Garden Inn hotel.
We are currently recruiting for a very exciting role, looking for an Event Sales Coordinator who will be part of the Event Sales team. This is a very varied role, dealing with events which could be a small meeting for 2 up to a conference for 1000 people. The role focuses on the administration and coordination of a variety of events across the venue. Supporting the team in achieving their commercial targets and gaining business. Looking for any opportunity to upsell to clients, whilst ensuring their needs are met and exceeded.
Some of the Key Responsibilities include;
- Handle incoming queries via email, telephone and client visits.
- You will aim to convert as many enquiries into confirmed bookings as possible, in a timely manner.
- You will liaise between the client and the rest of the team at the resort to ensure their event is ran smoothly and to plan.
- You will update the client database and build strong relationships in order to secure repeat business.
- Attend weekly meetings to keep up to date with the operations of the business and the short-term vision in order to meet commercial targets.
- Complete relevant paperwork cross referencing the needs and requirements of the clients before circulating the documentation with the wider team to meet expectations.
- Contribute ideas to the creation and implementation of an effective sales and marketing plan.
- Take ownership of the end to end sales process for all events customers at the venue adhering to our standards at all times.
- Undertake post event calls for all events and report feedback to team.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Events or sales qualification is advantageous
- Experience of Rendezvous, EventMaster and Resdiary is an advantage
- Previous experience within leisure, hospitality or events
- Previous coordination experience is a distinct advantage
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Can work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.