Restaurant Manager, Hilton Garden Inn
Restaurant Manager, Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
Due to increase in demand at our restaurants we are expanding the catering team and now recruiting for a Restaurant Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse. Supporting with the Garden Grille Restaurant and the Garden Suite Conference and Banqueting space. The Restaurant Manager will work closely with the Catering and Events Manager to manage the F&B function within the Hilton Garden Inn, so that the various needs of the customers are met and to ensure that the Garden Grille Restaurant can maximise sales opportunities.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018. Making this hotel truly unique, being part of wider resort and venue.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Manager looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This role will suit someone who thrives on a challenge, has excellent commercial awareness and strong leadership skills
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- To be responsible for the overall service and customer satisfaction within the restaurant, and the room service operation; ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered and Hilton Brand Standards are consistently followed.
- Managing the floor during the entire service period and ensure adequate coverage; to plan, organise and implement rota’s for the F&B team that balance & control strict budgetary margins while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- To ensure that all liquor stock is controlled, secured and meeting the demands of our customers.
- To ensure that Hilton brand standards are delivered in the Restaurant and by the team that you are supervising.
- To ensure that team members are trained in all areas of the department and given feedback.
- To be accountable for the F&B department in the absence of the Catering & Events Manager; supporting, not only, the front of house service delivery, but the Head Chef & Kitchen team and wider environment that supports the successful delivery of the F&B operation.
- To communicate directly by attending & championing briefings, and / or through the use of the handover, to next shift supervisor/ manager
- To be aware of market trends and changing guest needs, make appropriate recommendations of product and services and work closely with the Head Chef to deliver a refreshing & on trend menu within the Restaurant.
- To establish effective communication with staff to gain their trust and respect.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Food Hygiene and Food Safety qualifications - desirable
- Proven track record and experience in a similar role
- Have excellent and extensive food & beverage knowledge
- Being a hands on manager, with experience of managing and leading a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Good financial awareness with a full understanding of food & beverage revenue streams
- The ability to work to financial targets and budgets
- Committed to providing an excellent level of customer service and the ability to build up good relationships with regular clientele
- Personal Licence holder – desirable
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Must be computer literate
- Have a passion for the industry and lead your team by example at all times.
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Hilton employee discounts
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.