Assistant Reception Manager, Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Reception Manager to join the team in our recently built Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a truly unique resort? Would you like to be a part of an amazing team? Then we would love to hear from you!!
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, with a restaurant and conferencing & banqueting space, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse. The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers a high service standard, with a warm and sunny service. Due to the hotel being part of a wider resort, it makes this role very exciting as the racecourse holds 36 race days a year, as well as numerous conferences, exhibitions and events – all of which drive new customers into the hotel.
This role will support the Front Office Manager with all aspects of looking after the team, recruiting and development as well as the day to day running of the Front Office. As the Assistant Reception Manager you will deputise for the Front Office Manager and work with them to strive the department and business forward. The ideal candidate will be able to achieve service excellence by anticipating guest’s needs, listening and paying attention to every detail no matter how small and working together as a team, whilst ensuring that all departmental procedures meet Company requirements. You will be confident in taking initiative, adopt an organised approach to your role and be comfortable interacting and engaging in conversation amongst high profile guests.
This role is a great opportunity for anyone who loves customer service, has brilliant man management skills and has experience within an office/reception environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the department in the absence of the Front Office Manager
- Support Team Members in handling Guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome.
- To be responsible for guest check-in and check-out, guests billing processes and cash/data
- To undertake front of house duties including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests to ensure a superb customer experience.
- Ensure the Front Office Manager is fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and/or other departments
- Supporting the Management team to meet department objectives.
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service.
- Brief your team on any events or VIP guests in the hotel that day.
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up-selling opportunities.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
- Carry out shift handovers and brief team members as required
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary, and maintain good working relationships with hotel Team Members
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of leading a team effectively
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a reception/office environment
- Hotel reception experience is a distinct advantage
- Hotel reception supervision experience is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of hotel systems and software is a distinct advantage
- Branded hotel background is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Computer literate
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Able to work individually and as part of a Team
- The right to work within the UK
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What can we offer you?
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Free Parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
- Hilton benefits and discounts.
We look forward to hearing from you.