We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Front End Developer who will report to the Head of Digital based out of Wolverhampton Racecourse. This roll is the bridge between design and technical development. The successful candidate is responsible for creating the web components and interactions required to deliver the desired design and user experience.
- Support ARC’s ongoing digital transformation, delivering new websites, features, functionality and administration tools for ARC’s digital properties
- Develop front-end solutions which deliver the design brief
- Contribute to the scope and definition of technical solutions in an efficient and cost-effective manner, providing expert front-end guidance
- Work closely with the Digital Experience Designer to translate design concepts into workable technical solutions and user experiences
- Actively participate in the rollout of new websites tools and features
- Perform QA/UAT to ensure all new developments are fully tested
- Continually develop knowledge of front-end trends, particularly in the mobile landscape, promoting adoption of new techniques and technologies
- Contribute to sprint planning, story writing and technical delivery of stories as a key member of an Agile Scrum team
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of developing responsive web solutions using frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Excellent CSS/SASS and HTML skills utilising BEM & Atomic Design principles
- A sharp eye for consistency between UI/UX and design
- A strong team player and collaborator with a progressive attitude to personal and technical development
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.