Junior Sous Chef, Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
We are recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse & The Old Weighing Room Restaurant.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse.
Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse.
The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers award-winning food & beverage, there are numerous choices for diners in each hotel’s restaurant, lounge and 24/7 retail space – everything from handcrafted cocktails to locally-inspired small plates. Additionally, guest rooms are designed for work and comfort, with such features and amenities as large work desks, ergonomic chairs, Serta beds, a mini-fridge, HDTV and complementary Wi-Fi.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious Junior Sous Chef looking for your next opportunity to part of the team of the hotel reporting to the Head Chef.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What will I be doing?
As Junior Sous Chef, you will work closely with the Head Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. As Junior Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Junior Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant qualifications for this role
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A creative approach to the production of food
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work on own or in teamsIt would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for producing high quality food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What can we offer you?
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contribuatory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Free Parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
- Hilton benefits and discounts
We look forward to hearing from you.