Position: Operations Assistant
Location: Doncaster Racecourse
Contract type: This is a temporary contract [Starting ASAP until September 2019].
Hours of work: This is a full time position, 40 hours per week based on working 5 days out of 7 – including race days.
Doncaster Racecourse has a very exciting opportunity for a driven and hardworking Operations Assistant to join the Operations team in the lead up to our fantastic St Leger Festival, as well as other racing fixtures. This role provides a great opportunity for the right person to gain some hands on events experience in a number of racedays and be involved in one of the most prestigious racing events at the racecourse.
About the role:
The main duties for the Operations Assistant is to provide administrative and operational support to the Operations Manager, both in the lead up to and on racedays. To work within the Operations team to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of the William Hill St. Leger Festival 2019.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- To provide support to the Operations Manager and members of the Operations team. Provide an effective, efficient administrative and operational support in the planning and organisation of racedays, with a particular focus on the William Hill St Leger Festival.
- Process financial documentation in accordance with procedures.
- Develop partnerships with internal and external service providers to ensure a smooth delivery that meets the needs of all of our customers.
- Maintain office processes and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, with a particular focus on health and safety policy and procedure.
- Any other duties as reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accurate, organised and systematic approach to work.
- Good IT skills – Use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and work in a busy environment with conflicting deadlines and demands.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Good customer service skills.
- Previous events experience would be an advantage