Reporting to the Resort Financial Controller, the purpose of this role is to maintain and control the hotel profit and loss related lines. More specifically, to assist with revenue reporting, forecasting and protection according to Marriott and ARC policy, whilst also supporting cost controlling functions. Along with providing general accounts/administration duties as required within the finance department.
1. Oversee the sorting and filing of all back up received from Nights team. Liaise closely with Night Manager and review work daily for accuracy.
3. Work closely with Front Office (FO) and Food & Beverage (F&B) to ensure postings are accurate and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
5. Process and post all A/R payments in Opera.
7. Audit group accounts to ensure that postings to these accounts are in accordance with the sales contract.
9. Ensure that A/R Ledger payments are received promptly and aged debtors kept to a minimum.
11. Manage the guest ledger, AR ledger and deposit ledgers within the balance sheet ensuring ledgers are tidy and correct.
13. Generate weekly hotel forecasts supporting internal departments manage costs, whilst also providing an accurate forecast for the hotel as a business.
15. Provide financial data to hotel departmental managers supporting performance and projects analysis.
17. Other ad hoc duties as required.
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
· Standards and procedures of correct working practices
· The completion of risk assessments
· COSHH regulations
· Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
· product control and waste minimisation
· proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
· proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
· minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for Lingfield Park, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.Limits of Authority:
· To process invoices, pre authorised credits/refund requests and cash received
· To accept into the department monies in the form of cash, cheques or PDQ’s
Accuracy of output
- Successful working relationships with staff and promotion of positive and motivated attitude through example
· Computer literate
· Basic Excel
- Dealing with cash sums important
- Hours of Work:
- 40 per seven day week
- Flexibility toward week-end and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.