Do you want to develop your culinary career in a friendly, positive venue envronment?
Southwell Racecourse hosts all weather and turf racing, conferences and events. We have a Golf Course and Motel on site and being located with Rolleston railway station within walking distance of the main building makes for easy access. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
We are looking for a Head Chef who will be responsible for carrying out kitchen operations and supervising casual chefs and kitchen porters ensuring they maintain high food quality and awareness of hygiene regulations.
As Head Chef you will work predominantly during mid-week business hours, and will deliver an exceptional customer experience on our Raceday fixtures
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Be conscious of cost control when costing of menus and targeted GP percentage
- Maintaining good staff relations
- Ensure quality control at all times throughout production process
- Ensure all EHO and food safety production requirements are met
- To control portion size and waste factors at all times
- To create interesting and imaginative menus within budget and ensuring production control
- To continually update production and presentation methods to realise optional costs and maximum guest satisfaction
- In conjunction with Human Resource department, to supervise all members of the kitchen team towards a happy and motivated workforce
- To comply with all Health and Safety procedures
- To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Level 3 Food Safety in Catering
- Experience as a Head Chef or Sous Chef in a multi outlet environment
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays and holiday accrual scheme
- Accommodation onsite is available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.