Ffos Las Racecourse has an exciting new job opportunity for an Apprentice Groundsperson to join the company and work within the existing Grounds team. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn and is looking for an opportunity to start their career.
You will assist in the maintenance of external areas, estate buildings and equipment. You will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of the turf course, stables, estates grounds, gardens and other facilities. You will be required to use various gardening, agricultural equipment, machinery, vehicles and chemicals in the process of carrying out your duties.
The successful candidate will be very proactive, be able to use their initiative and be highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work, and abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Due to the nature of this role, working unsocial hours will be a frequent occurrence, including late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Previous experience working within a similar environment is an advantage, but not necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant outdoor year round labouring experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of racing industry is an advantage
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Flexible approach to working
- Works well under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Full clean driving licence is an advantage
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary and support through relevant qualification
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.