We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Arena Racing Company are looking for a finance apprentice to join our head office in London.
About the role
You will report to the Group Financial Controller and be responsible for providing support and assistance on a day to day basis. You will produce financial information as and when requested working closely with other teams within the business. You will also assist in the financial controls of the venue.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Posting transactions to both Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Timely reconciliation of cash floats (including prep and post event)
- Preparation of Raceday and Non Raceday specific reports
- General financial administration.
- Any other special duties or work outside the daily and weekly routines, but within the overall scope of the position.
- Any other reasonable request from the Finance Team
- To actively promote the racecourse on all occasions
- Show willingness to work to the needs of the business including event days pro rata
You are to demonstrate;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A systematic approach to problems
- A process driven attitude to tasks
- Positive attitude
Qualifications and experience:
- one year’s experience in a multi-functional finance environment is an advantage
- 5 A-C GSCE’s or equivalent
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for ARC and for our site, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.