Doncaster Racecourse, part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is a unique venue welcoming over 225,000 visitors to 36 racedays delivering an exhilarating mix of horse racing, live music and fantastic social days out. As a conference and event facility, the venue offers more than 40 different meeting spaces delivering seminars, exhibitions, weddings and much more. Part of the venue includes The Old Weighing Room Restaurant & Bar and the 154 bed on-site Hilton Hotel
Doncaster Racecourse is looking for a Financial Controller who will work closely with Senior Management of the Hotel and Racecourse. The successful candidate will effectively manage the Finance Operation of Doncaster Racecourse. Part of this role will include the management and delegation of duties to members of staff within the finance department to ensure the highest standard and accuracy of work is produced as well as overseeing significant raceday cash and finance operations.
Within the scope of work, you will be responsible for the accuracy and consistency of management accounts and reporting. You will nurture a strong relationship with the Racecourse Executive Director and provide detailed financial information and advice as requested. This will also include regular reviews at the course to ensure full compliance with internal and external reporting and accounting requirements.
You will be expected to work closely with the Senior Team and Group Financial Controller in the strategic planning of the businesses, providing information where necessary to assist in achieving the goals and targets as set by the company.
The nature of the business demands flexibility over working hours to suit each event and the preparation involved. The role demands a high level of accuracy as well as good staff management and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Must hold a full driving license, with the ability to travel across multiple sites.
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduation experience
- Racecourse, sport or leisure background an advantage
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams.
- Strong IT, analytic and modelling skills
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
- Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business.
- Energetic, highly motivated and an enquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.