Chef de Partie, Hilton Garden Inn
We are recruiting for a Chef de Partie at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse & The Old Weighing Room (TOWR) Restaurant.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious and experienced Chef de Partie looking for a challenge and being able to drive the business forward, supporting the Head Chef. This is a truly unique venue, comprising of the Racecourse, Hotel and Restaurant all within one resort. This is a great position, being able to work collaboratively across the resort with massive scope within the role.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What will I be doing?
The Chef de Partie, will work closely with the Head Chef to help effectively run the kitchen within the Hilton and the TOWR restaurant to deliver an excellent Guest and customer experience. A Chef de Partie will ensure that the preparation of the food is of a high standard and complies with food and safety regulations.
- To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation
- To participate in the monthly, stocktake at your Line Managers request, to action any discrepancies immediately
- Attend all Health and Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high-quality food
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 3 food preparation (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Certificate (or equivalent)
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Previous experience within a branded hotel is a distinct advantage
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage service and commodities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Calm under pressure
- Can act on own initiative
- Sets a good example
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Hilton employee discounts
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.