Assistant Management Accountant
We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Chepstow and Ffos Las Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant who will report to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will maintain all ledgers for Ffos Las Racecourse in order to produce the monthly Management Accounts
- To match all purchase invoices to purchase orders prior to issuing to the relevant person for authorisation.
- Upon authorisation to check the coding and accurately post to the Exchequer purchase ledger.
- To receive and log all purchase invoices/credits onto Exchequer.
- To monitor outstanding purchase orders, paying particular attention to cut off dates.
- Reconcile supplier statements to ensure all invoices/credits received.
- Deal with vendor/sales queries on a proactive basis and liaising with other departments to ensure prompt action.
- Upload racing purchase ledger journal monthly, check this against the cost tracker.
- To receive and process all invoice/credit note requests, creating new accounts when required, coding/costing accurately, ensuring correct narratives, mailing and filing office copy.
- Dealing with queries on a proactive basis and liaising with Sales & Conferencing to ensure prompt action.
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- ATT qualification would be advantageous
- Be confident in using Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.