We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Newcastle Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Customer Service Executive who will report to the Head of Racing Sales. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team here at Newcastle. You will offer support to the Senior Managers of the business and contribute to smooth running of our front office.
- Operate the switchboard; answer incoming calls and deal with general customer enquiries. Ensuring thorough knowledge of Newcastle Racecourse and all the products on offer
- Look after all visitors to the office – arranging refreshments if required
- Receive, open and distribute incoming post. Stamp outgoing post and ensure it is ready in time for collection.
- Complete monthly stock checks of all stationery and order any stationery accordingly.
- Maintain office equipment i.e. telephone system, photocopier, fax machine, etc. Keep financial controller informed of any related costs
- To process and accurately record all race day badge bookings, ensuring that a disciplined filing system is in place
- Take payments, accurately recording on the Event Master system
- Take restaurant bookings and keep the caterers informed of numbers in the lead-up to and on the day of racing
- GCSEs at grade C/Level 4 or above
- A sales or Events qualification or equivalent experience is advantageous
- Experience in Racecourse, Sport, leisure or hotels is an advantage
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.