Commis Chef - Hilton Garden Inn - Doncaster
We are recruiting for a Commis Chef at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse & The Old Weighing Room (TOWR) Restaurant.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious Commis Chef looking for a challenge and being able to drive the business forward, supporting the Head Chef. This is a truly unique venue, comprising of the Racecourse, Hotel and Restaurant all within one resort. This is a great position, being able to work collaboratively across the resort with massive scope within the role.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Hilton Garden Inn Hotel at Doncaster Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Commis Chef who is ready for a new challenge and can hit the ground running.
- Prepare the food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of the kitchen for luncheon and dinner services as specified; ensure that all food items are ready at the agreed times, and prepared to the highest standard
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times in all parts of the kitchen and all machinery and equipment used
- To assist in ordering of food service materials and equipment to cope with the anticipated business
- To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to
- To ensure wastage in the kitchen is kept to the absolute minimum to reduce costs and increase profitability
- To undertake any other duties as directed, from time to time, by Chef de Partie or the Sous Chefs
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Level 2 food Safety in Catering
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a food preparation environment
- Branded hotel experience is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.