Commis Chef, Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to work with the existing Catering team. Supporting with the Garden Grille Restaurant and the Garden Suite Conference and Banqueting space.
Full time and Part time roles will be considered.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018. Making this hotel truly unique, being part of wider resort.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious Commis Chef looking for a new opportunity and to get their foot on the ladder. As a Commis Chef, this is a great position, being able to work collaboratively across the resort with massive scope within the role. Including on the job training and development as well as the opportunity to complete formal qualifications through apprenticeships– which the company will support with.
A Commis Chef is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards.
- Perform tasks within a timely manner.
- Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control.
- Provide support to the Kitchen brigade.
- To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination.
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team.
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivelant)
- Level 2 food Safety in Catering
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a food preparation environment
- Branded hotel experience is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hilton discounts and benefits
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.