We love racing, we love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Lingfield Park Resort is part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) and is looking for a Front Office Supervisor to join our hotel team. You will report to the Front Office Manager deputising in their absence to lead the team in providing an efficient reception service, ensuring high quality customer care operating within brand guidelines.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Provide high levels of service to internal and external customers ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained and increased. You will handle customer complaints, resolving them quickly with minimal impact the business.
- You will attend key meetings in with internal stakeholders in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
- To contribute towards the hotel achieving the set target for Guest Voice scores.
- To ensure all guests requests and preferences are logged and acted upon to drive guest satisfaction.
- Report all guest feedback to relevant personnel.
- To communicate effectively with the Front Office Manager and other Front Office Supervisors through handovers and the communication board to ensure guest safety, customer satisfaction and standards of service.
- To ensure efficient check in, check out, room account settlements are performed to the brand requirements.
- Adhere to the hotel’s cash handling procedures.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the hotel PMS system, Marsha, telephone systems, Vingcard key system, Guest ware, Micros and pagers. Knowing who to report hardware and software problems.
- To effectively supervise personnel within the department, providing training, guidance and feedback to individuals as appropriate and with support of the Front Office Manager.
- You will hold GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Receptionist
- Knowledge of hotel systems and software
- Branded hotel background an advantage
- Strong customer service skills
- Influencing skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Works well under pressure
- High Level of negotiating skills
- Organised, systematic and process driven
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
Flexibility towards weekend, evening and when required night working is a pre-requisite of this employment.
We look forward to hearing from you.