Operations & Facilities Manager
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintain the company’s safety management system.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and delivering the elements required to satisfy all conditions of the Safety Certificate.
- Responsible for preparing for the annual Insurance Audit, in order to ensure compliance and passing the Audit.
- Responsible for implementing, reviewing and maintaining all emergency procedures in line with group Health and Safety Policies for all foreseeable eventualities, not limited to racedays, concerts, events and Marriott Hotel Operations.
- Assist the Head of Catering and Events in liaising with raceday and event day suppliers including mobile catering units, tradestands, children’s entertainment, funfairs etc, ensuring that they have appropriate in date insurance, health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation in place.
- Work with the Venue General Manager to ensure that SLA’s are in place where required with all contractors.
- Oversee, and maintain plans and procedures to ensure all traffic and pedestrians arrive and depart the resort, utilising external parking providers where required.
- Oversee the resort PPM programmes with the Maintenance team, ensuring that the PPM tasks are sufficient to suit the demands and needs of the business, including waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensure that the site is well prepared for all events, with an operational plan in place for all events and that buildings are clean, tidy and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure Noise Management Plans are in place for relevant events.
- Ensure that significant events have specific Event Management Plans in place.
- Ensure all fixtures, fittings and furniture across site are suitable, appropriate and provide adequate provision for all racedays and events.
- To liaise with the Security Manager to ensure that CCTV and site security procedures are adequate, executed appropriately and reviewed as necessary.
- To liaise with the Safety Advisory Group to ensure that the Safety Certificate is adhered to through periodic review and action planning.
- Manage appropriate budgets in line with LPR and ARC policies, ensuring best value is sought at all times and procedures are adhered to.
- Review all contracts, negotiating where practical to ensure maximum value for money.
- Recruitment of team members where required and as appropriate delegation of responsibility within your team.
- Monitor performance levels of team members, motivation, mentoring and leading a diverse team is fundamental to the success of this role.
- Working closely with the Security Manager, to ensure that Incidents, Accidents, Near Misses are produced, reported, collated, analysed and acted upon in a timely manner, escalating to ED and Group H&S and Insurers where deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all PPE is correct across the resort, and that Risk Assessments, COSHH and SSOW are produced, reviewed, trained out with all departments on site, annually or when incidents arise, for all areas of the resort.
- To review the Security Manager’s raceday preparedness and raceday checks, and ensure any maintenance actions are captured and acted upon.
- To ensure that all utility provision on site is monitored, and develop a continuous improvement plan across the resort to reduce the carbon footprint and reduce consumption and cost accordingly.
- To ensure best practice is adopted across the resort using expertise from across the group where appropriate.
- To ensure that fire safety systems across the resort are adequate, comply with legislation and group policies and rectify where failings are identified.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term procurement savings benefit.
- Act as a representative and ambassador for Lingfield Park Resort and ARC at all times, leading by example to all other team members and colleagues.
- Be at the forefront of Health and Safety legislation and be an ambassador for Health and Safety across the resort.
- Management of the Marriott Hotel BMS systems to ensure the plant is running efficiently and correctly.
- And any other reasonable requests by management.
- Business, Facilities or Event qualifications would be an advantage.
- IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH Certificate qualification desirable.
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse / Leisure / Sporting environment background would be an advantage.
- Experienced in communication with good interpersonal skills.
- Logical approach to tasks.
- Great Time Management skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, Systematic and Process driven.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completing tasks within deadlines as set by the General Manager and the Executive Director.
- Maintaining costs within budgeted parameters.
- Effective management of direct team.
- Improvement in feedback scores on GSS, Social Media, Mystery shops etc.
Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week, 5 days in 7
- Flexibility towards weekend and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment
- To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the departments at all times.
- To be an ambassador for ARC and Lingfield Park Resort at all times, taking personal responsibility for understanding the core and diverse products under the ARC portfolio of companies and at all times to represent the company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.