Operations & Facilities Manager
We love racing, we love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Lingfield Park Resort part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Operations and Facilities Manager who will report to the Venue General Manager. The successful candidate will manage the operational elements of the business to ensure its consistently presented and maintained to a high standard.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the group health and safety policy for all events
- Maintain the company’s safety management system
- Responsible for preparing the site for race days and events
- Work with the Catering General Manager in securing service level agreements with the operators of mobile and fixed catering units
- Create and maintain plans and procedures to ensure traffic and guests arrive and leave the site safely and efficiently
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands of the business
- To liaise with the security manager to implement and monitor equipment and procedures to ensure the site is secure at all times
- Propose annual targets for key operational lines, offering a narrative to your proposals and showing evidence of best business practice and cost controls
- Responsible for reviewing, reporting and investigating accidents and incidents
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Stadium or Hotel background is advantageous
- Outstanding customer service focus (internal and externally)
- Logical approach to tasks and resolving issues
- Organised, systematic and process driven
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.