Deputy General Catering Manager
Lingfield Park Resort part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Deputy General Catering Manager. The successful candidate will work with the Racecourse Catering Manager to maintain consistent operational standards across all areas of race day and non-race day retail opportunities. You will develop operational service standards for both bar and food retail operations.
Working as part of the catering and operations team you will maintain consistent operational standards across all mediums of F&B operations at Lingfield Park Racecourse. Develop operational service and food standards across the site demonstrating innovation, flair and creativity in keeping abreast of industry and competitor standards and showcasing best practice at Lingfield Park Racecourse.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- To personally lead from the front, demonstrating proactive techniques in the efficient operation of the site within agreed budgetary parameters.
- Plan all duty rotas to cover event build up, operation and breakdown with appropriate personnel.
- To plan all non-race day and race day hospitality staffing levels to include race day hospitality management detail.
- Liaise with the sales executives to plan, monitor and develop event proposals and delivery techniques as required.
- Plan and oversee all variable labour costing for hospitality provision maintaining budgeted restrictions.
- Undertake reviews of all direct report personal development plans reviewing aims and objectives on a quarterly basis.
- Work closely with the Catering General Manager and Executive Head Chef in the development of the site food and beverage strategy document in order to maintain planned cost of goods.
- Maintain and monitor site health and food safety documentation and team training.
- Lead all volume operations and take personal accountability for the support of key account client requirements in both the planning and execution of events.
- Source all cutlery, crockery and light equipment inventory maintaining PAR levels agreed with the Catering General Manager.
- Train the hospitality & events team in common core skills identified through the development and implementation of site Standard Operating Procedures.
- Organise the setup of furniture, AV and all associated event equipment i.e. (Cutlery, Crockery & Glass) in all areas at the racecourse for both racing and non-racing events.
- Monitor and maintain operational standards through daily site through inspections and check lists.
- Organise weekly linen orders and maintain site stocks.
- Co-ordinate and deliver all administrative tasks as required for Race day and Non Race day events.
- Delivery of events to include the catering provision and hospitality service for Race day and non race day events.
- To brief staff prior to events and ensure relevant paperwork is completed.
- To handle any customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- To deal with any customer enquiries which may lead to further sales or bookings for Lingfield Park Racecourse.
- Collate all event feedback and event handover documents.
- Ensure that team members are well presented and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To promote interdepartmental communication and liaison with all areas of the racecourse at all times.
- To meet and greet clients in a professional manner as and when required during events and race days acting as an ambassador for Lingfield Park Racecourse.
- Liaise with outside contractors and clients to ensure that they adhere to racecourse policies.
- Ensure that you, other staff and clients work in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy.
- To complete close down checks on all event areas on site each day.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake other reasonable duties in line with business demands.
Other areas you will focus on:
Health and Safety
Other Management Responsibilities
You are to demonstrate;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- A systematic approach to problems
- A process driven attitude to tasks
- Positive attitude
To be an ambassador for ARC and for our site, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.