We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Lingfield Park Resort part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Head of Retail. The successful candidate will work with the Racecourse Catering General Manager to maintain consistent operational standards across all areas of race day and non-race day retail opportunities. You will develop operational service standards for both bar and food retail operations.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- You will drive spend per head, monitoring and suggest opportunities on ways to constantly improve
- To plan all retail team and management requirements within budgeted parameters
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with Environmental Health Regulations and is served consistently in accordance with company standards
- To ensure that all team members involved with the handling of food and beverage are trained, qualified and compliant
- To ensure that all unit team levels are in accordance with the budget or revised forecasts, and that qualified and trained staff are in those areas.
- To ensure that forecasted team, food and other costs are adhered to in all areas of the retailing business as per the budget
- To conduct month end stock takes of all product within remit using Micros
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Personal License
- Stock Management experience ideally in a licensed trade
- Ability to make decisions based on forecasted sales and attendance
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
Flexibility towards weekend and evening work is a prerequisite of this role
We look forward to hearing from you.