We love racing. We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Lingfield Park Resort part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Junior Sous Chef who will report to the Sous Chef and be responsible for assisting with organising and supervising all kitchen operations, maintain high food quality and controlling costs.
- To ensure all menus are costed to achieve the targeted GP%
- To assist or complete stock takes as required
- To actively assist in future purchases and major redevelopment schemes for the kitchen areas
- To ensure all EHO and Marriott food safety and production requirements are met
- Ensure quality control at all times throughout production process from raw material to ready plated end product
- To ensure tidy and hygienic storage of all food materials during any stage of the production process throughout the kitchen and secure stocks outside production hours
- To control portion size and waste factors at all times, directly influencing GOP
- To create menus in line with customer and market trends, ensuring a high quality and value for money offering is available at all times
- To be aware of competitors and industry trends
- Maintain a positive high profile with hotel and local residents.
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- L2 Food Safety in Catering
- Minimum of 1 year experience as Chef de Partie position
- Experience in a multi outlet environment is an advantage
- Experience in banqueting is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organisation, influence and leadership skills
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
- Live in Accomodation
We look forward to hearing from you.