We love racing, we love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Lingfield Park Resort part of the Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Commis Chef who will report to the Chef de Partie and Sous Chef. The Commis Chef will assist in maintaining and improving the standard of food preparation and service of the kitchen.
- Prepare the food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of the kitchen for luncheon and dinner services as specified
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times in all parts of the kitchen and all machinery and equipment used
- To assist in ordering of food service materials and equipment to cope with the anticipated business
- To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to
- Ensure wastage in the kitchen is kept to the absolute minimum to reduce costs and increase profitability
- To deputise, from time to time, for the Demi-chef de Partie or Chef de Partie
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- L2 Food Safety in Catering
- Minimum of 1 year experience as Commis Chef
- Experience in a branded hotel is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organisation, influence and leadership skills
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
- Live in Accomodation
We look forward to hearing from you.