Lingfield Park hosts all weather and turf racing, music concerts, conferences and events. We have a Golf Course, Hotel and Spa on site and being located less than 1 hour from London we are the destination of choice for anyone with a sporting interest in the south east.
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join the Catering team in the Marriot Hotel here at Lingfield Park. If you have a professional manner with strong customer service skills then this could be the role you’re looking for. You will report to the Executive Head Chef and in their absence the Senior Chef on Duty.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- To undertake duties in a thorough and methodical manner to ensure that departmental and legal standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
- To assist the chefs, from time to time, in certain simple food preparation tasks as directed by the chef in charge.
- To clean all kitchen utensils and other light equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- To store clean kitchen utensils and other light equipment in a tidy and safe manner; ensuring that all items are easily located when needed and are ready for use.
- To clean all fixed items of equipment, tables, work tops and floors in the kitchens and food preparation rooms, to maintain them in a safe and clean condition.
- To keep all store rooms and refrigerators clean and tidy to the highest standard of hygiene, to enable food items to be stored safely.
- To report any emergencies or accidents to the Head of Department as soon as possible after they arise.
- To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times.
- You will hold GCSE’s or equivalent.
- Previous experience of meeting and exceeding standards of hygiene and cleanliness is an advantage
- Branded hotel experience is an advantage
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- Flexible and self-motivated
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Accomodation availble onsite
- Free gym and swim onsite
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company Group.
Flexibility towards weekend and evening working is pre-requisite of this employment.
We look forward to hearing from you.