We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Sous Chef to join the team at Nottingham Greyhound Stadium.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Sous Chef...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- To assist with purchases, within agreed parameters, ensuring the budgeted food GP is achieved
- To assist in menu production and ensure all menus are costed to achieve the targeted GP%
- To create menus with the Head of Catering in line with customer and market trends, ensuring a high quality and value for money offering is available at all times
- To assist with monthly stock takes and complete internal ones should the need arise.
- To ensure all EHO and ARC food safety and production requirements are met
- To ensure quality control at all times throughout production process from raw material to ready plated end product
- To ensure tidy and hygienic storage of all food materials during any stage of the production process throughout the kitchen and secure stocks outside production hours
- To control portion size and waste factors at all times, directly influencing GP
- To ensure on a day to day basis all F&B units are hygienic and tidy at all times
- To complete line cleans and date checking of wet stock to minimise waste and inform the Head of Catering when products become short dated.
- To ensure a safe working environment at all times
- To attend any training courses as requested by the Head of Catering Chef or the General Manager.
- To observe, maintain and drive all Health & Safety and Hygiene policies.
- To assist Health Inspector or Auditors, if required.
- To help maintain good communication between F&B and non-F&B departments.
- To work with the Head of Catering to allocate daily workload appropriately to staff, maintaining effectiveness and operational control.
- To assist in training and record all staff training on and off the job.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The stadium business is a dynamic and challenging environment and on occasion you may be required to assist in duties outside of those detailed in this job description and therefore a flexible approach is required.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Catering, the Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting with organising and supervising all catering operations, maintaining high food quality and have a good awareness of hygiene regulations. Assisting in controlling costs in general and maintaining good staff relations as well as assisting in maintaining all legal and company health and safety standards. The Sous Chef will assist in the ordering of wet stock products as well as completing cleaning and stock control tasks in the bar areas such as date checking and line cleaning.
The person we are looking for as a Sous Chef has…
- To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon The Health and Safety At Work Act 1974, COSHH Regulations and HACCP.
- To be fully conversant with and to implement Hygiene Standards in line with current company policy, which is in accordance with current legislation.
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- Flexible approach to working
- Good Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.