We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Groundsperson to join our team at Wolverhampton Racecourse.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Groundsperson...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Under the direction of the Clerk of the Course, to assist in preparing the course for racing – to include preparation and reinstatement of the track. This will involve the use of tractors and other all-weather maintenance equipment as required.
- Maintain all lawn and garden areas and parade rings with particular attention to raceday and event presentation.
- General maintenance of external areas, to include car parks, tracks, tarmac areas and horsebox park.
- You will be required to use various gardening, agricultural equipment, machinery and vehicles in the process of carrying out your duties.
- Abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- By the nature of this role, a flexible approach to working hours is pre-requisite. It will include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Work Well in a team and have initiative to work by yourself.
About the role:
As a Groundsperson you will be primarily working outdoors, contributing with the maintenance of the racing surface to a very high standard. You will also help with the upkeep of the outdoor areas to the highest possible level. The Groundsperson will assist in the maintenance of estates buildings and equipment as well as supporting the raceday operations & events.
The person we are looking for as a Groundsperson has….
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Flexible approach to working
- Works well under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Full clean driving licence
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.