Raceday Chefs (Casual) - Various Locations
Arena Racing Company is made up of the following sixteen racecourses: Bath, Brighton, Chepstow, Doncaster, Ffos Las, Fontwell Park, Great Yarmouth, Hereford, Lingfield Park, Newcastle, Royal Windsor, Sedgefield, Southwell, Uttoxeter, Wolverhampton and Worcester and we are looking for experienced Chefs to join the race day culinary teams on a casual basis at these venues.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our incredibly talented team culinary teams in some standout venues, producing great food, great service and great experiences for all of our guests.
If you have previous experience of working in fast paced hospitality environments, then this is the perfect role for you.
This is a casual position centred around producing and delivering quality menus to our guests on a race day, however there are additional dates available for the right candidate.
- Be a team player; working as an integral part of our culinary team to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Be competent; following recipes and providing meals with quality and consistency.
- Be a hygiene and allergen champion; following and helping to enforce strict health, hygiene and allergen standards.
- Be attentive; dealing with deliveries, stock rotation and compliance paperwork.
- Be adaptable and flexible; assisting the hotel kitchen as and when required.
The ideal candidate
- At least two years’ experience in a professional kitchen environment.
- Ability to produce good quality food using a variety of ingredients.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, HACCP and allergen reporting.
- Food Safety Level 2 Certification (or equivalent).
- Good oral communication.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you.
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Able to self-organise and work cleanly in a small kitchen environment.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Team player qualities.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.