At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.
- Ensure guests receive the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- To promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere within the venue.
- Keep the area of work and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties as required – paying particular attention to Health and Safety and COSHH Guidelines.
- Operate the plate wash and pot wash machines, and carry out daily maintenance and cleaning.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is cleaned and well maintained.
- Use of chemicals in a safe manner including the use of PPE where required.
- Assist in the culinary team.
- Collect and distribute stores and/or prepared food as directed.
- Assist in stock rotation and the safe storage of food in line with Health and Safety regulations.
- Accept deliveries and report any issues or discrepancies to the Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef immediately.
- Complete associated paperwork as required.
- Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner.
- Act as an information point for customers.
- Record wastage in line with venue procedures and dispose of rubbish in line with any onsite recycling initiatives.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake other reasonable duties in line with business demands.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Be smart, polite, professional and well presented at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer care skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality service and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills – friendly, confident, outgoing.
- Strong numerical and literacy skill.
- The ability to handle difficult or conflict situations.
- The ability to adopt the values of Arena Racing Company.
- The ability to work with a smile on your face whatever the weather.
- To work with honesty and integrity.
- Experience working in a team within a hospitality environment.