We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Racing Support Assistant to join the team at Newcastle Greyhound Stadium.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Racing Support Assistant...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Work within the racing office team environment to assist with the preparation for and running of trial and race meetings and to assist as appropriate with tasks such as:
- General GBGB Local Official duties, operating the photo finish, inputting race meeting data, completing race statistics, learning race comments, driving the hare, race programme printing and updating the stadium website and social media with relevant race cards/ information.
- Work with paddock and racing office staff to effectively weigh in, kennel greyhounds, to run a trial and race session strictly following the GBGB rules of racing and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with kennel and paddock duties as required:
- Assist in the smooth running of all kennel procedures, in accordance with the GBGB Rules of Racing and local operational protocols;
- Assist with paddock & kennels cleaning schedule as required;
- Communicate well within the paddock area and racing office during a race meeting in order to ensure time constraints are met;
- Scanning microchips, checking ear marks and racing jackets of dogs to ensure correct greyhound identity for each race/trial;
- Learn to accurately mark-up greyhounds for new registrations and to oversee the taking of samples as required;
- Help to ensure the strict control and security of the kennel area, as set out in the GBGB Rules of Racing;
- Develop a good working relationship with trainers, kennel staff and GBGB Officials.
Please see the attached job description for the full list of responsibilities for this role.
About the role:
The Racing Support Assistant will work where necessary across the racing critical departments to assist with the smooth running of race meetings and race meeting preparation, including duties within the racing office, paddock, grounds team and general office.
The person we are looking for as a Racing Support Assistant has….
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Logical approach to tasks
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- Flexible approach to working
- Good Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Prepared to work outdoors when required
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.