We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Operations & Safety Manager to join the team at Newcastle Racecourse.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being an Operations & Safety Manager...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Maintain the company’s safety management system.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities including race days, events and venue hire.
- Responsible for liaising with all statutory authorities, including representation at regular safety advisory group meetings.
- Monitor, arrange and review accredited training such as fire safety and first aid.
- Managing race day staff and safety stewards including recruitment and training and monitor and manage standards of the third party security team.
- Responsible for preparing the site for race days.
- Assist the Director of Food and Beverage in liasing with race/event day suppliers including mobile catering units, trade stands, children’s entertainment ensuring they have appropriate health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation (food hygiene, etc). You will also locate these suppliers in relevant positions.
- Work with the Director Food and Beverage in securing service level agreements with the operators of mobile and fixed catering units.
- Create and maintain plans and procedures to ensure traffic arrives and leaves the course safely and efficiently. This includes management of the course entrances.
Please see the attached job description for the full list of responsibilities for this role…
About the role:
The Operations & Safety Manager will manage the operational elements of a race day and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. To ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning team.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director in undertaking site developments and will take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety.
The person we are looking for as an Operations & Safety Manager has…
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage.
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.