We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Maintenance Assistant to join the team at Newcastle Racecourse
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Maintenance Assistant...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Maintaining all new and existing buildings by carrying out decorating, plumbing, carpentry and buildings works where practically possible to a high standard of workmanship and finish.
- Assist in the development of maintenance schedules to ensure that all new and existing facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards of presentation.
- Keep historical records for all planned and unscheduled maintenance that is carried out on items as outlined above.
- Ensure that all works on buildings, site work, track work, etc are carried out in compliance with all Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Maintain our life systems to regulations with weekly/monthly/annual testing.
- Work with all racecourse site contractors and be there main daily point of contact.
- Working unsociable and often long hours on racing and event days.
- Carry out any other tasks/duties to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
About the role:
The Maintenance Assistant will report to the Operations & Safety Manager and be responsible for carrying out all types of maintenance on the buildings (Inc. Golf Club and Border Minstrel Pub) and grounds. The Maintenance Assistant will ensure the site and buildings are presented to the highest standard for racedays and events.
The person we are looking for as a Maintenance Assistant has…..
- Electrical or Plumbing qualification would be an advantage
- Health and Safety qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.