Casual Racing Stewards & Event Staff
Fontwell Park Racecourse are looking to increase their team with enthusiastic, friendly stewards, bar and waiting staff.
No experience is necessary, Fontwell Park offers a great opportunity for a career in Events and Hospitality. All necessary training is provided to get you started on the path to success in the industry, including online courses and potential path to a full time team member of Arena Racing Company.
Working at the racecourse across the year, with jump racing; no two days are ever the same; from live music to Classic Race meetings our team members are part of making special memories for our guests.
As Casual Racing & Event Staff, we are looking for smart reliable people with good communication skills who will be the face of Fontwell Park.
We will need you to provide guidance, information and a high level of customer service. roles may involve some or all of the following;
- Understand and manage safety and security processes and procedures.
- Monitor and control crowds.
- Preventing unlawful entry into venues.
- Ensure safe entry and exit of customers.
- Checking tickets and accreditation.
- Working alone or part of a team
- Serve all customers in an efficient, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure guests receive the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- To work both alone or as part of a team being responsible ensuring that all guest needs are met to the highest possible standard.
- Laying up and preparing restaurants/boxes for the service of meals, tea, coffee, and light refreshments
- To serve all guests efficiently with the correct food and beverage service knowledge, cleaning down and carrying out all necessary duties as required by your manager.
- Keep the area of work and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties as required – paying particular attention to Health and Safety and COSHH Guidelines.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Be smart, polite, professional and well presented at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer care skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality service and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills – friendly, confident, outgoing.
- The ability to adopt the values of Arena Racing Company.
- To work with honesty and integrity.
The last few years has made us all aware of the work life balance and has given us the opportunity to re-assess our situations. Working as a casual member of our team we are offering a casual role which will give you the freedom to pick and choose your hours. We have enough work to sustain any number of hours a week up to full time hours whilst offering you the flexibility to work around the rest of your life.
Our casual team receive various benefits whilst working for ARC including meals on a race day and tickets to race meetings and other events across the group.
Being a member of the Fontwell Park casual family does not restrict you to working at just Fontwell Park, if you want to gain experience in other venues there are many opportunities to work across our group.
Salary: £10.42-£15.50 per hour
Subsidised E-learning course training
Approximately 12% holiday pay on top of the hours worked
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.