Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium is currently recruiting for Chef's (at all levels). If this is you and you're looking for a new casual role, get in touch now!
Responsibilities as a casual chef:
- To promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere within the venue.
- Keeping areas of work and public areas clean and tidy, during and after opening hours.
- Undertaking cleaning duties as required - paying particular attention to Health & Safety and COSHH guidelines.
- Operation of the plate wash and pot wash machines, along with carrying out daily maintenance and cleaning.
- Assisting in stock rotation and the safe storage of food in line with Health and Safety regulations.
- The use of chemicals when required whilst working in accordance with PPE guidelines.
- To work both alone or as part of a team being responsible ensuring that all guests needs are met to the highest possible standard.
- To serve all guests efficiently with the correct food and beverage service knowledge, cleaning down and carrying out all necessary duties as required by your manager.
- Keep the area of work and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties as required – paying particular attention to Health and Safety and COSHH Guidelines.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake other reasonable duties in line with business demands.
Skills and Qualities as a casual chef:
- Be smart, polite, professional and well presented at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer care skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality service and standards
- The ability to adopt the values of Arena Racing Company
- To work with honesty and integrity.
- Experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred but not essential.
The last year has made us all aware of the work life balance and has given us the opportunity to re-assess our situations. Working as a casual member of our Kitchen team we are offering a casual role which will give you the freedom to pick and choose your hours. We have enough work to sustain any number of hours a week up whilst offering you the flexibility to work around the rest of your life.
Our casual team receive various benefits whilst working for arc including tickets to race meetings and other events across the group.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.