Who is ARC?
The Hilton Garden Inn at Doncaster Racecourse boasts 154 bedrooms, 2 conference and exhibition suites, a banqueting site, Restaurant and Bar. A popular addition to many racegoers and the perfect facility for guests visiting Doncaster on both leisure and business. Part of a multinational hotel chain of over 580 hotels with a reputation that proceeds it, the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel ticks all the boxes. If you want to be part of a hardworking, customer focused team striving for excellence, the Hilton Garden Inn is for you.
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
This role will be 5 days out of 7, usually 10pm to 6.30am
- To ensure that all departmental service standards are maintained at all times by all Front Office personnel.
- To monitor use of daily Accounts/ Night handover book and check corrective action is carried out where necessary.
- Handle complaints or enquirer with immediate action; speak to the departments concerned with a through follow up to the guest. Ensure all points are logged in the Duty Managers
- To be able to deal with any reasonable requests from guest in a professional manner.
- To strive, anticipate customer needs whenever possible, and react to these to enhance customer satisfaction in line with the Company’s Mission Possible training programme.
- To ensure safety floor checks are carried out during the night, according to Company standards.
- Ensure that all new Company practices and procedures are actioned immediately.
- Previous experience of working within a Front Office role in a hotel
- Previous experience of hotel systems
- Previous experience of OnQ is an advantage
- Open and honest
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Discounted event days (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for 4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.