Arena Racing Company (ARC) are looking to recruit a Retail and Events Manager to take a leading role within our recently Southwest Catering Hub, Based at Chepstow Racecourse.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Retail and Events Manager at ARC:
- Annual passes to attend all of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
About the role:
The Retail and Events Manager will be an integral part of the catering and events team that deliver sustainable growth through enhanced revenue generation, improved service delivery and deliver cost savings and through maximising commercial opportunities.
Key duties for the Retail and Events Manager include:
- To assist the Catering Operations Manager in the implementation and delivering of the catering strategy across the west region, including Chepstow and Bath Racecourses
- To evaluate and continually update the performance monitoring process of our catering teams service and food quality delivery
- The development and management of all retail operations, to include food, beverage, bar and concession operations this will include the pre-race day set up and break down along with the live event operation and close/clean down of all retail areas.
- Being Creative and having accountability of driving spend per head, monitoring this per race meeting and suggesting opportunities on ways to constantly improve and increase sales.
- Plan all rotas to cover event build up, operation and breakdown with appropriate personnel across the multi-site operation. Ensuring that all costs are within financial targets and budgets.
- Liaise with the sales executives to plan, monitor and develop the catering information for racing & non-racing information.
- Lead all volume operations and take personal accountability for the support of key account client requirements in both the planning and execution of events.
- To personally lead from the front, demonstrating proactive techniques in the management of the ARC EPOS System across all aspects of the platform defined by the Head of Group Catering & Events.
- Plan and oversee all variable labour costing for events, hospitality and retail, maintaining budgeted restrictions.
If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and have a proven track record in the management of events-based retail F&B offerings, then this could be the perfect role for you. APPLY TODAY!