We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Operations & Safety Manager to join our team at Wolverhampton Racecourse.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being an Operations & Safety Manager…
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Working with the Group H&S Manager you are to maintain the racecourses safety management system.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities including race days, events and venue hire.
- Responsible for liaising with all statutory authorities, including representation at regular safety advisory group meetings.
- Monitor, arrange and review accredited training such as fire safety and first aid.
- Responsible for preparing the site for race days and events.
- Organise and liaise with race/event day suppliers including mobile catering units, trade stands, children’s entertainment ensuring they have appropriate health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation (food hygiene, etc). You will also locate these suppliers in relevant positions.
- If applicable responsible for managing the operation of the race day bus service – agree prices, times, dates and quality of service.
- Create and maintain plans and procedures to ensure traffic arrives and leaves the course safely and efficiently. This includes management of the course entrances.
- Working alongside the Commercial Team to oversee preparation of the site and buildings for all events ensuring an operational plan is in place for all events and that buildings are clean, tidy and well maintained.
Please open the job description attached for the full list of responsibilities for this role.
About the role:
The Operations & Safety Manager will report to the General Manager. You are to manage the operational elements of Racedayand non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. The Operations & Safety Manager will need to ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the site health and safety, maintenance, cleaning and security teams.
The person we are looking for as an Operations & Safety Manager has…..
- Achieved NEBOSH
- Achieved Spectator Safety at level 4
- 3 + years working in a similar role to what is described above
- Proven track record of managing, motivating and leading a team
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.