Arena Racing Company does so much more than lead the UK’s largest horse racing group. We have 21 racing venues showcasing horse racing, greyhound racing, golf courses, hotels and events. In short, leisure, entertainment, media production and distribution are at the heart of what we do, making it an exciting and diverse place to work!
Our success is a team effort which is why we offer great opportunities for growth, development and career progression. After all, it’s our employees that enable us to offer first class service and create an electric atmosphere, all within an industry we love.
About the role
Based at Doncaster Racecourse you will be working as part of a centralised accounts payable team and will work across a selection of ARC’s 16 Racecourses & 5 Greyhound Stadia with the responsibility of ensuring purchase systems, process & procedures are adhered to within your regionalised team. As Accounts Payable Supervisor you will need to work closely with the Accounts Payable Assistant’s to coordinate the timely processing of supplier invoices & employee expenses as well as building a positive relationship with site finance teams to ensure suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities for the role
- Oversee the accurate processing of purchase invoices by Accounts Payable Assistants offering assistance where needed.
- Communicate with both suppliers & site operators to address supplier queries, resolving in a timely manner.
- Liaise with site operators to ensure the purchase order & delivery process is being adhered to correctly.
- Oversee supplier statement reconciliation process
- Coordinate payment runs as per the companies payment terms policy, liaising with site finance teams where necessary.
- Take responsibility for creditor account maintenance, ensuring invoices are correctly allocated to DD’s and payment runs.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Maintain the internal purchase order system and manage the electronic IndiCater purchasing process
- Prepare financial reports as required
- Provide support to wider finance as required
Profile and behaviours
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a working knowledge of accounts payable
- Have previously managed finance teams
- Excellent relationship management
- Possesses leadership and negotiation skills
- Take initiative and the ability to work independently
- Team player with pronounced numerical affinity and accuracy
- Previous experience with ERP systems (Exchequer) an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What ARC can offer you
Personal Development and Bonuses
• Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
• Employee referral scheme because your opinion matters
• Internal development programmes to help you progress
• Support with study through our study assistance schemes
Days Out & Leave
• Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members badges, giving access to over 500 race days, as well as discounts on hospitality & room rates at ARC venues
• Because we value work-life balance we offer an annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days!
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
• Company life assurance scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
• Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
• Cycle to work scheme
And so much more.…
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.