We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Duty Manager to join our team at Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Duty Manager...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Understand the core racing business and that welfare is at the heart of what we do.
- Maintain the company’s safety management system.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities including race days, events and venue hire.
- Monitor, arrange and review accredited training such as fire safety and first aid.
- Managing race day staff and safety stewards including recruitment and training and monitor and manage standards of the third party security team.
- Prepare with staff rotas.
- Responsible for preparing the site for race days.
- To observe all aspects of service (including hospitality, snack bar, bar, tote) within the Stadium and deal with any issues as they arise.
- Take responsibility for any questions/complaints that arise and ensure that the matter is correctly recorded and resolved.
- Obtain feedback on service, menus, staffing matters.
- To comply with any legislative requirements including Health and Safety / Food Safety/
Liquor Licensing / Gambling Commission / Local Authority.
- Oversee preparation of the site and buildings for all events ensuring an operational plan is in place for all events and that buildings are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands of the business including waste disposal & recycling. Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies, monitoring all contractors to ensure they work in accordance with the company’s code of practice for contractors.
- You will ensure the site is secure at all times.
- Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Recruit new staff as appropriate, delegate responsibility to your team, monitor performance levels, motivate and hold regular briefings.
- Ensure all departments are adequately staffed whilst managing a pool of casual staff and that there are good working relationships between staff and managers.
- Responsible for reviewing, reporting and investigating accidents and incidents.
- To ensure that the best methods, practices and systems of work are being utilised and to maintain detailed records of work completed in each area.
- To ensure that the product is delivered efficiently and exceeds customer expectations and ensure that we provide excellent customer service and standards at all times and that the team are clear on the expectations.
- Attend and respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Cash reconciliation and meeting return reports to be completed and prepare reports and statistics for accounts.
- Identify capital expenditure projects for the site that will increase efficiency, profitability and enhance the customer experience.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Assist with marketing & social media to grow and maintain our customer base.
- Keeping website and F&B till back of house operations up to date in a timely manner.
- Assist with customer bookings as required.
- Act as a representative for the stadia and ARC at all times, leading by example to all other team members.
About the role:
To manage the operational elements of a race day and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. To ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning team.
The Duty Manager will work closely with the General Manager in undertaking the smooth running of the site during race meetings and non-racing events, and will take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety and Hospitality.
The Duty Manager will run the site in the absence of the General Manager.
The person we are looking for as a Duty Manager has…..
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- Computer literate.
- Health & Safety qualification eg IBOSH/ Level 3 or Level 4 in Spectator Safety would be an advantage
- First Aid trained
- Personal license holder.
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.