We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Grounds Person, this is the perfect role for anyone who loves to work in the outdoors!
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Grounds Person with us…
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Discounted hotel stays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study assistant schemes
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Internal development programmes to help you progress
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
About the role:
The successful Grounds Person would assist in maintaining a quality racing surface all year round. Look after the maintenance of the outside areas keeping to the highest possible standard of presentation. Assist in the maintenance of estates buildings and equipment as well as assisting in the operational aspects of Racedays and Events.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Grounds Person would also include-
- Under the direction of the Clerk of the Course, carry out a maintenance programme for the course. The work entails working outside in changing and often inclement weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
- To assist in preparing the course for racing – to include preparation and reinstatement of the course before, after and during racing, this to include:- Use of tractors, machinery and all weather maintenance equipment as required.
- You will be required to use various gardening, agricultural equipment, machinery, vehicles and chemicals in the process of carrying out your duties.
- Abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Please Note- Due to the nature of this role, working unsocial hours will be a frequent occurrence, including late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
The person we are looking for as a Grounds Person has…
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Flexible approach to working
- Works well under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Full clean driving licence
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.