The Royal Windsor Racecourse are looking for a motivated, forward thinking, driven Bar supervisor to join their team on a causal basis for race days and even some small site hire functions and events.
Hospitality / Restaurant Bar Supervisor Responsibilities: -
Reporting to the Catering and Retail Manager you will assist the team in the running of the restaurant and/or hospitality and bar areas.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Serve all customers in an efficient, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Be able to lead by example in all aspects of the business.
- Develop strong working relationships with guests and staff.
- Ability and drive to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be able to advise guests and your team on all products available within the venue.
- Assist with training and developing staff to high standards expected.
- Ensure all orders are rung through the tills and payment obtained in line with prescribed Racecourse procedures.
- Ensure all tills are closed down in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all temperature records are accurately kept along with other appropriate paperwork.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner.
- Act as an information point for customers.
- Record wastage in line with venue procedures and dispose of rubbish in line with any onsite recycling initiatives.
Hospitality / Restaurant Bar Supervisor Criteria: -
- Experience in a high-end food and drinks business OR restaurant sector is essential
- As an integral part of the team, you will have to converse with a wide variety of customers and colleagues at all levels; therefore, a high standard of written and spoken English is essential.
- Be knowledgeable in licensing, food hygiene and health & safety theory and implementation.
- Experience in cash handling and billing procedures.
- Personal Licence Holder (preferred but not essential).
- Customer focused at all times
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to maximise sales opportunities and recommend improvements.
- Ability to drive operational standards, championing attention to detail and exceed customer expectations.
- Proficient in IT.
- To work with honesty and integrity.
- Experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred but not essential.
If you feel that this describes you get in touch with and let us know why you’re the person we’re looking for.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.