About the role
To deliver customer betting transactions in accordance with the company policies and procedures and Gambling Commission Regulations.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Gain and maintain an excellent knowledge of the various types of bets and minimum spends.
• Prepare to receive customers by setting up cash and betting terminal.
• Manage cash transactions following correct procedure, taking great care so monies balance.
• When taking bets clarify with customer ensuring correct bet has been placed as bets cannot be rectified after race.
• Safeguard cash by adhering to security procedures.
• Reconciling cash by completing cash report.
• Safeguard transactions by verifying identity to ensure no under 18’s are involved in the gambling process. Always be vigilant to Challenge 21 policy and recording findings following company guidelines.
• Always work within the guidelines and regulations of the Gambling Commission with particular attention to vulnerable persons and money laundering.
• Create a positive impression and be attentive and responsive to customer needs.
• Work in a timely manner so race time constraints are met and optimal betting time is achieved.