Who is ARC?
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
ARC is an exciting organisation to work for. We have a wide range of roles within the business from Permanent to Casual, Full time to Part time, Indoor or Outdoor roles, If you’re looking for a role where two days aren’t the same and a company to help you progress, ARC has a role for you.
Doncaster Racecourse is the home of the Hilton Garden Inn, a 154-bedroomed multifunctional hotel, the ‘Oldest Classic Horse Race’ the St. Leger and will have hosted 5 exciting concerts in 2022. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director and will be required to provide operational support for all Raceday and Non Raceday events that take place at the racecourse and hotel and to take responsibility for the management of services and processes that support the core business, including management of the contract cleaning relationship.
You will ensure that best business practice is used to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs whilst contributing to an increasingly profitable and Raceday business.
- Overall management of the Operational Departments, and managing all HOD's.
- Staff recruitment, training and development
- Health and Safety compliance
- Building Maintenance
- Supervision of personnel, leading and coordinating a team
- Security of the site
- Utilities and communication structure
- Deputise in the absence of the Head Groundsman
- Financial Planning
- Play a key role in the new developments on the racecourse
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Ideally NVQ 4 spectator safety – minimum requirement (will accept level 3 and working towards 4)
- IOSH Managing Safely
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.