Who is ARC?
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
ARC is an exciting organisation to work for. We have a wide range of roles within the business from Permanent to Casual, Full time to Part time, Indoor or Outdoor roles, If you’re looking for a role where two days aren’t the same and a company to help you progress, ARC has a role for you.
Based at Doncaster Racecourse the Racing Sales Executive will work within the newly created Regional Commercial Team, driving the commercial success of the Northern Region and wider Arena Racing Company group.
This position will drive commercial sales by the effective conversion of racing (hospitality, restaurant and sponsorship) enquires, with focus on upsell, account management and driving repeat business. This role will also include pro-active sales to both existing clients and new clients.
This position will work closely with the regional delivery team to ensure efficient client management and the highest levels of customer service.
Candidates should be highly driven, with a relentlessly positive attitude, the ability to work under pressure.
Key duties of the role include:
• Maximizing profit from current clients, upselling and cross-selling where appropriate.
• Recognizing the opportunity as either racing sales or events, always addressing client needs to provide the best commercial solution through best fit of product, race course or multiples.
• Respond to all enquiries within the prescribed timescale with a professional and positive manner.
• Prepare accurate contracts with the appropriate pricing and timings, consistent with the commercial model for specific course / race day / event.
• Apply sales incentives where appropriate in order to convert sales within the commercial parameters set by the Senior Racing Sales Executive.
• Ensure accurate and effective handover to the regional delivery team who will be responsible for the operation of the contract, continuing an effective and steady flow of communication.
- Previous experience within an office environment
- Previous experience within a customer service/sales environment
- Able to use Microsoft office (Word, Outlook)
- GCSE or equivalent in Math and English
- Ability to work on own initiative and an excellent communicator
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.