Chef De Partie, Hilton Garden Inn
As our restaurants re open and demand increases, we are now recruiting for a Chef de Partie at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse. Supporting the Garden Grille Restaurant and the Garden Suite Conference and Banqueting space.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018. Making this hotel truly unique, being part of wider resort.
This exciting opportunity is for an experienced Chef de Partie looking for a challenge and will hit the ground running, supporting the Senior Sous Chef. This is a great position, being able to work collaboratively across the resort with massive scope within the role. Including on the job training and development as well as the opportunity (if you wish) to complete formal qualifications through apprenticeships– which the company will support with. The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all that we do.
What will I be doing?
The Chef de Partie will work closely with the Senior Sous Chef to help effectively run the kitchen within the different restaurants to deliver an excellent Guest and customer experience. The Chef de Partie will ensure that the preparation of the food is of a high standard and complies with food and safety regulations. Working in the kitchen, of the Garden Grille Restaurant for breakfast or dinner service.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
- To participate in the monthly stocktake at your Line Managers request, to action any discrepancies immediately.
- Attend all Health and Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
- Prepare and present high-quality food.
- Assist the Senior Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination.
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 3 food preparation (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Certificate (or equivalent)
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Previous experience within a branded hotel is a distinct advantage
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage service and commodities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Calm under pressure
- Can act on own initiative
- Sets a good example
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Hilton employee discounts
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.