We currently have excellent opportunity for a chef to join our team at Lingfield Park Resort.
Travelling stable teams are the unsung heroes of our industry, travelling up and down the country with their horses they are racings beating heart. When they arrive at our courses they expect a warm welcome and a well cooked meal.
Working in the busiest racecourse in Europe featuring over 80 fixtures across the year, with flat, jump and all weather racing; as a valued part of our casual team you will work alongside our Executive chef to deliver a high standard of quality food within our stable staff area.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an incredibly talented team in a standout venue, producing great food, great service and great experiences for all of our guests.
As a casual chef you will:
• Be a team player; working as an integral part of our culinary team to ensure everything is running smoothly
• Be competent; following recipes and providing meals with quality and consistency
• Be a hygiene and allergen champion; following and helping to enforce strict health, hygiene and allergen standards
• Be attentive; dealing with deliveries, stock rotation and compliance paperwork
• Be adaptable and flexible; assisting the hotel kitchen as and when required
Ideal candidates will have
• At least two years’ experience in a professional kitchen environment
• Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
• Ability to produce good quality food
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, HACCP and allergen reporting
• Food Safety Level 2 Certification (or equivalent)
• Good oral communication
• High level of attention to detail
• Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
• Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
• Able to self-organise and work cleanly in a small kitchen environment
• Positive and approachable manner
• Team player qualities
The last year as made us all aware of the work life balance and has given us the opportunity to re-assess our situations. Working as a casual member of our culinary team we are offering a casual role which will give you the freedom to pick and choose your hours. We have enough work to sustain any number of hours a week up to full time hours whilst offering you the flexibility to work around the rest of your life.
Our casual team receive various benefits whilst working for arc including meals on a race day and tickets to race meetings and other events across the group.
Being a member of the arc casual family does not restrict you to working at just Lingfield Park Resort, if you want to gain experience in other venues there are many opportunities to work across our group.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.