The Resort Operations Manager will manage all operational elements of the resort to ensure the site is consistent in it’s presentation and is maintained to a high standard through management of the Maintenance, Stewarding, Security and Cleaning teams. The Resort Operations Manager will work closely with all areas of the business, but specifically with the Resort General Manager in undertaking site improvement, and will take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety across the resort.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintain the company’s safety management system.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and delivering the elements required to satisfy all conditions of the Safety Certificate.
- Responsible for preparing for the annual Insurance Audit, in order to ensure compliance and passing the Audit.
- Responsible for implementing, reviewing and maintaining all emergency procedures in line with group Health and Safety Policies for all foreseeable eventualities, not limited to racedays, concerts, events and Marriott Hotel Operations.
- Work with the Southern Catering Hub closely to understand the needs of the business and the levels of staffing required to deliver an exceptional customer journey.
- liaise with raceday and event day suppliers including mobile catering units, tradestands, ensuring that they have appropriate in date insurance, health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation in place.
- Work with the Resort General Manager to ensure that SLA’s are in place where required with all contractors.
- Oversee, and maintain plans and procedures to ensure all traffic and pedestrians arrive and depart the resort, utilising external parking providers where required.
- Oversee the resort PPM programmes with the Maintenance team, ensuring that the PPM tasks are sufficient to suit the demands and needs of the business, including waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensure that the site is well prepared for all events, with an operational plan in place for all events and that buildings and facilities are clean, tidy and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure Noise Management Plans are in place for relevant events.
- Ensure that significant events have specific Event Management Plans in place and that the Major incident plans remain reviewed and appropriate.
- Ensure all fixtures, fittings and furniture across site is suitable, appropriate and provide adequate provision for all racedays and events.
- To liaise with the Security Manager to ensure that CCTV and site security procedures are adequate, executed appropriately and reviewed as necessary.
- To liaise with the Safety Advisory Group to ensure that the Safety Certificate is adhered to through periodic review and action planning.
- Manage appropriate budgets in line with LPR and ARC policies, ensuring best value is sought at all times and procedures are adhered to.
- Review all contracts, negotiating where practical to ensure maximum value for money.
- Recruitment of team members where required and as appropriate delegation of responsibility within your team.
- Monitor performance levels of team members, motivation, mentoring and leading a diverse team is fundamental to the success of this role.
- Working closely with the Security and Safety Manager, to ensure that Incidents, Accidents, Near Misses are produced, reported, collated, analysed and acted upon in a timely manner, escalating to ED and Group H&S and Insurers where deemed necessary
- Ensure that all PPE is correct across the resort, and that Risk Assessments, COSHH and SSOW are produced, reviewed, trained out with all departments on site, annually or when incidents arise, for all areas of the resort.
- To review the Security Manager’s raceday preparedness and raceday checks, and ensure any maintenance actions are captured and acted upon.
- To ensure that all utility provision on site is monitored, and develop a continuous improvement plan across the resort to reduce the carbon footprint and reduce consumption and cost accordingly.
- To ensure best practice is adopted across the resort using expertise from across the group where appropriate.
- To ensure that fire safety systems across the resort are adequate, comply with legislation and group policies and rectify where failings are identified.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term procurement savings benefit.
- Act as a representative and ambassador for Lingfield Park Resort and ARC at all times, leading by example to all other team members and colleagues.
- Take the lead deputising for the Resort General Manager where appropriate.
- To undertake Hotel Duty Manager Shifts where required.
- Be at the forefront of Health and Safety legislation and be an ambassador for Health and Safety across the resort.
- Management of the Marriott Hotel BMS systems to ensure the plant is running efficiently and correctly.
- And any other reasonable requests by management.
- Business, Facilities or Event qualifications would be an advantage.
- IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH Certificate qualification desirable.
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse / Leisure / Sporting environment background would be an advantage.
- Experienced in communication with good interpersonal skills.
- Logical approach to tasks.
- Great Time Management skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, Systematic and Process driven.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completing tasks within deadlines as set by the Resort General Manager
- Maintaining costs within budgeted parameters.
- Effective management of direct team.
- Improvement in feedback scores on GSS, Social Media, Mystery shops etc.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.