Facilities Manager - Flexible base location
About the role
To manage the facilities for the Group’s venues; ensuring they run efficiently and safely. To ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and service teams, be that in house or outsourced supply.
The Facilities Manager will work closely with the Head of Property in undertaking all facilities, property & building related compliance.
This role does not need to be based in London, a base site from any of our venues is preferred.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Working with the developer to maintain and improve the company’s CAFM system.
- Manage and be fully accountable for the business’s facilities budget including both Hard & Soft Services.
- Control the costs benefit of repairing or replacing company assets, through the CAFM system and introduction of a planned preventive maintenance strategy.
- Support the onsite teams with the management of building and facilities related contracts acting as the responsible person for all escalated matters.
- Ensure buildings and facilities meet all legislative requirements making sure all works and associated records are loaded correctly on to CAFM system.
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands of the business including waste disposal & recycling. Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies, monitoring all contractors to ensure they work in accordance with the company’s code of practice for contractors, the process of which to be documented within the CAFM system
- Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Responsible for the supply chain including contract management and negotiation.
- Procure central contractors for site wide services, e.g lift maintenance, waste, etc.
- To ensure that the Maintenance function work to high and precise standards, with regard to both internal and sub contracted works.
- To ensure all utilities are regularly monitored across the sites and a continuous improvement plan be implemented.
- To ensure that the best methods, practices and systems of work are being utilised and to maintain detailed records of work completed in each area.
- Attend and respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Act as a representative for ARC at all times, leading by example to all other team members.
- Member of IWFM or working towards membership
- NEBOSH Certified desirable
- IOSH Managing Safely desirable
- Computer literate
- Highly commercial, with experience of managing and tightly controlling budgets.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of procurement, tendering and contracting.
- Experience of managing facilities in a Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- High level of interpersonal skills, working within a wider property functioning team.
- Hands-on and with a positive can-do attitude
- Logical approach to tasks
- Personable and strong communicator
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, systematic and process driven
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completing tasks within deadline as set by line manager
- Maintaining costs within budgeted parameters
- Effective undertaking of key duties
- Increasing number of first-time fixes by contractors
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and make sure sites operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for ARC and for our sites, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Company in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.