Receptionist - Hilton Garden Inn
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting opportunity for a full time Receptionist to join the team in our Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a truly unique resort? Would you like to be a part of an amazing team? Then we would love to hear from you!!
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, with a restaurant and conferencing & banqueting space, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse. The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers a high service standard, with a warm and sunny service. Due to the hotel being part of a wider resort, it makes this role very exciting as the racecourse holds 37 race days a year, as well as numerous conferences, exhibitions and events – all of which drive new customers into the hotel.
Supporting the Front Office team, the Receptionist role will help manage the reception desk, providing a warm and welcoming service to all guests from arrival to departure, whilst ensuring all administrative work requirements are completed as per Hilton standards.
You will deal with incoming calls, taking of messages, using the online system, setting wake up calls and ‘Do not Disturb’ where appropriate. Allocating rooms correctly and to be able to enter them into the computer system. Handle and be responsible for all monies paid into reception, plus floats ensuring all monies are accounted for and there are no discrepancies. You will also support the F&B team by trying to upsell the restaurant and taking reservation bookings. As well as being a great team player and supporting the wider hotel when necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Previous experience within a hotel reception is a distinct advantage
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Hilton Hotel discounts and benefits
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group